Happy Holidays Geeky Beauts!!!
Berry Merry is a bold makeup look that I chose for the holidays. I thought a bold lip and bright eyes would be perfect for today or any other day during the holiday season! I know that most people say that you should never pair bold lips with bold eyes, but I think you can make it work! If you’re someone who loves color or if you’re indecisive and can’t seem to pick just one…slap ’em all on your beaut face!
Berry colors look fantastic on brown and darker skin tones. Cherry or wine colored lip stains really pop against chocolate skin.
Start with your normal beauty routine and a fresh moisturized face. I did this look without primer today
P.S. These aren’t the products I typically use on my face because I recently moved back home from college and a lot of my normal products are stuck in storage (I know…a tragedy). I will have them soon hopefully though! So this is a mix of my mom’s stuff, my sister’s and what I found buried in my purse.
- Pür Correcting Primer: (Find this @Ulta). Use a clean finger to dab this dark spot corrector on any blemishes. Blend with your fingertip.
- MAC Pro-Longwear Foundation [NC50]: (Find here @ MAC). Use a beauty blending sponge or a makeup wedge to blot n’ blend this all over your face.
- Smashbox Photo Filter Creamy Powder Foundation : (Find this @ Sephora). Dust this over your face with any powder brush. This stuff is ah-mazing. It’s great to puff over oily skin and it will definitely keep your shine in check for hours! Keep it on you to reapply though.
- Urban Decay Eyeshadow Primer Potion: (Find @ Sephora). Dot this on your eyelids with your fingertip to make an even coat over the lid. Tip: This works great as a lip primer!
- Too Faced PB&J Eyeshadow Collection[Jelly & Jammin’]: (Find @Ulta). Grab an eyeshadow brush and sweep Jelly over the lid. Do about two coats so the color really pops. Then dab Jammin’ from the outer corner of your lid to the middle of your eyelid. Pack it on for a bolder look if you’d like.
- Revlon Color Stay Skinny Liquid Liner [Black Out]: (Find @ Walgreens). I’ve seen this at most of the drugstores I’ve been to, like CVS. Line starting from the outside of your eye and work your way in. You can use multiple coats to thicken the wing.
- Maybelline The Colossal Spider Effect Mascara [Black]: (Find @ Ulta). This is usually in drugstores as well. I put two coats of this and OMG! This mascara is perfection! This is better than some more expensive mascaras that I’ve used. You don’t need to use much to get your lashes to look long and sexy. This was my mom’s so I may have to steal it!
- L’Oréal Extra-Intense Eyeliner [Brown]:(Find @ Ulta) I used this to extend my brows since I didn’t have my eyebrow pencil, but this worked perfectly too. Fill in any spacey areas on your brows with this. This must be done lightly because this is not an eyebrow pencil and a little goes a looooong way. Check for this at drugstores too.
- L’Oréal Colour Riche Collection Exclusive Reds [Zoe’s Red]: (Find @ Walgreens). Make sure the lips are moisturized and then dab on that eye primer from earlier to your lips. Then apply this color and bam! Sexy red lips!
I try to keep makeup looks relatively simple and I think makeup should reflect your personality! If you’re not a fan of the bold lip go for a nude shade like this!
Once again Happy Holidays Geeky Beauts!! Stay tuned for an upcoming New Year’s look!