Time for another makeup look! Wheeeee! I present to you Silver Marine!!!
This makeup look was requested by a follower and friend of mine, Nicole. She had wanted me to try a silver eye makeup look. I was definitely up for the challenge…I say “challenge” because I’ve never really experimented with silver, so I was very excited and a little nervous to try it. I literally
had NO idea how it was going to turn out, but I’m very pleased with the results and I hope you are too!
I finally found the perfect silver and I ordered it from Sephora (of course) as soon as I could. I had only one silver color and it was poorly pigmented. The silver look I envisioned needed to be bright, bold, noticeable, vibrant and shimmery. Kat Von D’s “Static Age” silver did just the trick. I chose to add matte black shadow because it complemented the silver beautifully and it helped to create a sultry look. I also added some blue eyeliner on the lower lash line, hence the name “Silver Marine.”
Find the this look’s tutorial on my YouTube Channel and keep reading for how I got this look! Let me know if you like and as always if you try it out, post a picture on my Facebook Page here!
Note: My face was already moisturized, primed and concealed…Do people say that? Anywho, if you’d like to know that routine hop back to my New Year’s Eve Makeup: Green Dream Post.
- Urban Decay Eyeshadow Primer Potion: (Find @ Sephora). Apply this all over the lids to get them ready to take on some fantastic eyeshadow.
- Kat Von D Metal Crush Eyeshadow [Static Age]: (Find @ Sephora).Use an eyeshadow brush to pick up the pigment. Then, pat it onto your lids into the crease of your lid. Now, for something new…I did some research on eye makeup application and I found that in order to really accentuate the shape of your eyes that you need to bring the shadow up to your orbital bone (Shown as Underbrow in diagram). Feel around for your orbital bone with your finger and you can use it as a guide to shape the eyeshadow around your eyeball. Sometimes your crease is your orbital bone, on other people the bone
is higher than the crease. Everyone is different and in my case, my orbital bone was higher than my crease. Make sure to only take the silver about 2/3 lids over your lid. Also, dab some of this color onto your lower lash line, starting from the inner corner, only go about 1/3 underneath your eye though.
- Urban Decay Naked Basics Palette [Crave]: (Find @ ULTA). Clean off the eyeshadow brush or use a rounded fluffy eyeshadow brush to apply this color from the outer corner to where the silver ends. Bring this color into the orbital bone and extend it just before your reach inner corner territory. This might be easier to see in my Youtube tutorial. Pack it on for some extra drama!!
- Stila All Day Waterproof Liquid Eye Liner [Jet Black]: (Find @ Sephora). Line your lids starting from where you want the liner to end (past the outer corner of your lid). Then drag the liner to your inner eye area. “Tightline” the liner by filling in super close to your lash line! I don’t wanna see any of your skin! Black it up! haha.
- Maybelline The Colossal Spider Effect Mascara [Black]: (Find @ ULTA). Put a few coats of this on your lids to get some seductive lashes. Go crazy!
- Urban Decay 24/7 Glide-On Eye Pencil [Chaos]: (Find @ Sephora) I didn’t actually wear this particular color, but I actually wish I had this color instead. I used the color “Ink” which apparently was limited Edition and after lots of research I can’t seem to find it. But, “Chaos” would actually pop even more. But, if you want more of a subdued look try this same eye pencil in the color “Sabbath” which is a matte navy color (Find @ Sephora).
- L’Oréal Brow Stylist Designer Eyebrow Pencil [Dark Brunette or whichever color matches your brows]: (Find @ ULTA or also at drugstores..I found mine at CVS). Fill in your eyebrows to make them look fuller and extend them for a dramatic look.
- Maybelline Great Lash Mascara [Clear/Transparent]: (Find @ local drugstores). Sweep this mascara over your brows to keep all the hairs neat and sleek.
In regards to a lip color choice, I think this looks best with a nude lip or nice neutral color. I really wanted to focus on the eyes for this look and a nude lip would keep the eyes the main focus.