Hey there Geeky Beauts!!!
I’m finally back, it feels like I’ve been away for forever, even though it’s only been about two weeks. I was unfortunately fighting a cold, but I’m all better now! I literally hate being sick! I’m sitting there thinking about how I took clear sinuses for granted. Curse you mucous membranes!!
Anyway, I’m happy to be back and I brought along a new makeup look with me 🙂
It’s a cool toned blue/purple look and I call it “Blurple Berry Punch.”
**CHECK OUT MY Youtube Video for this look*** Watch here.
Actually, funny story…
I knew which colors I wanted to put together in my head, but I couldn’t think of a cool name for it. I decided to ask my boyfriend and he shouted “Blurple!” I was like…really??? Lol. Then he said “Blurple Berry Punch” and for some reason that really grew on me. So, I went with it.
So, here’s how to get this look in just 10 EASY steps!
Step 1: Prime Your Lids
- Urban Decay Eyeshadow Primer Potion: Find @ULTA. Just take a tiny dab of this onto your lids and sweep it over. This really helps to bring out pigment and sets the shadow for long-lasting wear! I swear a genie must be living in that little bottle!
Step 2: Apply Purple Eyeshadow
- Too Faced Peanut Butter & Jelly Palette [Jelly]: Find @ULTA. Using a flat eyeshadow brush, use the tip to pick up some of the pigment and then pat it on to your lid. Start from the inner corner of your lid and bring the color about two-thirds of the way across your lid. Work the color into your orbital bone.
Step 3: Apply Blue Eyeshadow
- Maybelline EyeStudio Color Plush Silk Sapphire Siren [Royal Blue Color in Palette]: Find @ Pharmapacks. Using a rounded edge eyeshadow blending brush, pat this color from the outer corner of your lid to meet the purple shadow. Make sure to bring this color up to the orbital bone as well.
Step 4: Lavender Underbrow Highlight
- Eyestudio Color Tattoo Concentrated Crayon [Lavish Lavender]: Find @ ULTA. Now, this is a tiny bit tricky because the applicator is so thick so you don’t have that much control over it. But, if you can manage go ahead and just be careful. Otherwise, take a small eyeshadow brush and swipe the brush onto the shadow stick and then transfer it to your underbrow. Slowly, swipe this color from where your orbital bone ends up to your eyebrow. A little goes a long way but this really adds some nice shimmer! You can forgo this step if you’re not into glittery-ness!
Step 5: Wing out your Eyeliner!
- Sephora 24HR Classic Liner [Black]:Find @ Sephora. Wing out your liner by starting where you want the wing to end and then drag this to the inner corner of your lid. You can keep making the wing larger for a more dramatic and bold look.
Step 6: Tightline Upper Lash Line
- Marc Jacobs Beauty Highliner Gel Eye Crayon Eyeliner [Black]: Find @ Sephora. Use this gel eyeliner to color in really close to your upper eyelashes!
Step 7: Line your Lower Lash Line
- Marc Jacobs Beauty Highliner Gel Eye Crayon Eyeliner [Black]: Find @ Sephora. Use this gel liner to line your lower lash line, but don’t go all the way into the inner corner.
Step 8: Apply Mascara
- Step 8: Volum’ Express The Colossal Spider Effect Mascara [Black]:Find @ ULTA. Sweep this mascara on your lids. Do as many coats as your sweet heart desires.
Step 9: Fill in Brows
- L’Oréal Brow Stylist [Dark Brunette]: Find @ ULTA. Fill in any spacey areas on your brows using quick delicate strokes.
Step 10: Clear Mascara on Brows
- Maybelline Great Lash Clear Mascara [Transparent]: Find @ Maybelline. Sweep this mascara onto your brows to make them look sleek and neat.
Let me know what you think of this look and don’t forget to check out the Blurple Berry Punch Makeup Tutorial here!
Quick Tip! I paired this with a dark nude lip. It goes really well with a bold eye look like this!
Sephora Collection Rouge Gel Lip Liner [Color 16: Mesquite] Find @ Sephora. This is a lip liner but, I used it as a lip stain. It stays on for a long time and it makes my lips feel super smooth. It’s unbelievable!! The only thing is that it smells kind of fishy for some reason at first, but it goes away! Check out this same liner in Color 15 Rosewood here as another option. I have this one too and it’s a pale rosy-brown nude.
Hope you like!
Until next time Geeky Beauts!!!