Hey Geeky Beauts!!
Mini Life Update
My posts have been rather sporadic lately and I apologize for that. My life has been pretty busy, I’ve been applying for and searching for jobs and that takes up quite a bit of time. Plus it’s MAD stressful!! Lol. Also, a mini bought of post-graduation depression hit me; I like feeling like I know what my purpose is and if I feel a bit lost, then I lose motivation to do things that I love. But, I’ve found my motivation and I’ve been able to keep it and I couldn’t be happier. I work out six days a week and I was recently accepted to the University of Cincinnati for their online Cosmetic Science Program. My classes start May 8th and I’m over the moon excited to start!!!
I’m also taking makeup artistry much more seriously and I plan to make posts about new things that I learn as I learn them. I hope to really improve my skills, YouTube is a freaking godsend!!! Ha! So, maybe some tips and tricks that I learn can be shared with you all.
Enough about me…here’s my newest MUL!!!
I called it Tinkerbell…I’m sure you can figure out why!
Since it’s Spring and flowers are beginning to bloom, I thought that a green MUL would be suitable. Also, I went hiking this past weekend, so I got hit with a brief nature bug lol! I like that it has a very fairy-tale like vibe to this look, I hope you like it!
- Revlon PhotoReady Perfecting Primer (Find @ drugstores): Use your fingers or a foundation brush to apply this all over your face. This really helps to set the makeup.
For starters, you should definitely do your eyes first because if there’s some fallout you don’t want to get it your your foundation.
- Smashbox PhotoFinish Lid Primer [Light]: (Find @ Sephora). Use the wand applicator that it comes with to spot onto your entire lid to your underbrow (the area underneath your eyebrow). Blend this will. I really like this primer because it makes the color pop on my lids since it’s so light. This is a must-have.
- Urban Decay Electric Palette [Thrash (crease to brow); Freak (inner corner to mid lid); Fringe (outer corner)]: (Find @ Urban Decay). Use a blending eyeshadow brush to apply Thrash. Then, use a small eyeshadow brush to apply Freak from the inner corner of your eye to the middle of your lid. Lastly, take Fringe and apply it to the outer corner of your lid.
- Brow Pencil: L’Oréal Extra-Intense Eyeliner [Brown]: (Find @ drugstores). Fill in your brows however you like!
- ***IMPORTANT STEP!!! Take a makeup remover wipe and hold it at an angle to
wipe off the excess that may have landed on your temple. The angle should encompass the tip of your eyebrow. This makes the eyeshadow have a sharp, clean look!
- Stila All Day Waterproof Liquid Eye Liner [Jet Black]: (Find @ Sephora). Follow the sharp angle at the outer corner of your eyeshadow and make the wing as thick as you want. Clean any mistakes with a tiny bit of foundation on the end of a small concealer brush.
- Color Tattoo by Eyestudio 24HR Eyeshadow [40-Tenacious Teal]: (Find @ drugstores). Use an angled eyeliner brush to drag this on your lower lash line. This adds a nice pop of color!
- Avon Big & False Lash Mascara [Black]: (Find @ Amazon). Sweep this on your lashes!
- Estee Lauder Perfectionist Youth Infusing Liquid Foundation Broad Spectrum SPF 25 [6W1-Sandalwood]: (Find @ Sephora). Use a liquid foundation brush to apply this to your skin. Work from the middle of your face and then move outwards and upwards towards your forehead. **TIP: I’ve found that I like putting my foundation on first, because it covers up any spots that I have and then I use less concealer. I used to go through so much concealer! So, this really helps conserve my makeup.
- NARS Radiant Creamy Concealer [Hazelnut]: (Find @ Sephora). Spot this all over any acne marks. Blend with a beauty blender.
- NYX Cosmetics Dark Circle Concealer [Medium]: (Find @ ULTA or drugstores). Use a concealer brush to cover up dark circles. Blend with beauty blender. Or, your finger works well too.
- Smashbox Photo Filter Creamy Powder Foundation : (Find @ Sephora). Use a powder brush to brush this powder over your face.
- MAKE UP FOR EVER HD Blush [515-Tangerine]: (Find @ Sephora). Use a beauty blender and dip it into this creme blush and pat it onto the apples of your cheeks.
- Maybelline Mineral Powder Illuminator [Nude]: (Find @ drugstores). Use a highlight brush to dust onto your cheekbones. Start above your blush and out to your temples. Then, brush down the center of your nose and between your eyebrows. Then use your finger to dab some above your lip (only in the center). Then stroke the brush on your chin. This really grasps sunlight and then provides your face with a really sexy, natural glow.
*Prime and moisturize your lips. I used the same face primer from earlier and I use regular Chapstick.
- SEPHORA COLLECTION Rouge Gel Lip Liner [Mesquite]: (Find @ Sephora). Line and fill in your lips with this color.
I really hope you like this look! Let me know what you think in the comments. If you try it out, definitely show me!