Hey Geeky Beauts!!!
IT’S PEANUT BUTTER NANA TIME! PEANUT BUTTER NANA TIME! PEANUT BUTTER NANA TIME! PEANUT BUTTER NANA WITH A BASEBALL BAT!!
So as you already know from my last post, I’ve been working out more often. If you haven’t read my recent life update, you can check it out here! My uncle and I do weights together and on other days I run on the treadmill or do ab exercises.
So if you’re someone who wants to workout hard, protein shakes would be perfect for you! There’s no need to spend money on just one drink from some fancy place when you can make your own right at HOME! It’s cheaper and it probably tastes better. Lol!
But first a little education…
What are proteins?
Proteins are molecules that can be made up from a combo of 20 different amino acids (this sounds like high school biology doesn’t it?). The way in which the amino acids are paired up help determine the function it will carry out in your body! 
Why do you need proteins post-workout?
Physiologist, Deborah Shulman (Ph.D), says this….
- Giving yourself an extra protein boost helps you to rebuild muscle cells that you tore and stretched during your workout. 
- There are less amino amino acids and energy available to you after you workout so you need to replenish them to facilitate protein synthesis. 
- You only need about 10 grams of protein post-workout! 
Peanut butter is a good source of protein because it contains about 4 grams of protein per tablespoon! 
Without further ado, here’s the recipe!
Peanut Butter & Banana Protein Smoothie Recipe
- 1 banana (good source of potassium)
- 2 1/2 tablespoons of peanut butter (I add more because peanut butter is amazing!). Then add vanilla extract (adds flavor), cinnamon powder (adds flavor and texture), ginger powder (adds flavor and texture)
- 1 1/2 cups of milk (I use Lactaid because it has a sweeter taster in comparison to regular milk, plus my dad is lactose intolerant, so it’s all we’ve got! Lol.)
- Mix all ingredients in a blender or a Magic Bullet.
- Voila!!! Drink up!
If you try this out let me know what you think. My mouth is already watering for the next one I’m going to make tomorrow! Hehe.