Hey Geeky Beauts!!!
So, I tried a new makeup look today and I’m really excited to share it with you all! I called it Fool’s Gold. It’s a gold and black smokey eye look. I wanted it to look really dramatic and I felt that pairing it with a nude lip was best so focus would be placed on the eyes. I’m really trying to better my makeup artistry skills, this actually took me around 2 1/2 to 3 hours to do. I went really slow to make it look the best that I could. Practice makes perfect, so as I do this more I’m (really) hoping the time it takes to create these looks decreases to like 15-20 min.
I used Urban Decay’s Smoked Palette and there’s a mini makeup look pamphlet so I loosely followed the written tutorial called Reality Star! Here’s the image they provided below!
Don’t let this discourage you from trying please! That’s just my personal experience with this particular look since I’m still learning artistry skills! I hope you try it out!
Since I used a matte black color, I felt it was best to do my eyes first so I could wipe off fallout later!
So, this is how I created Fool’s Gold…
- Urban Decay Eyeshadow Primer Potion [Original]: (Find @ Sephora) Use a small amount on each eyelid.
- Tartelette in Bloom Clay Palette by Tarte [Flower Child]: (Find @ Tarte)
- Use a small tipped eyeshadow brush to sweep Flower Child just beneath your eyebrow for a highlight. I really packed it on because it didn’t show up so well at first. After like 8 sweeps (Lol) it looked as bright as I wanted it to!
- Take Flower Child and put it on the upper eyelid (area just below the crease).
- Urban Decay Smoked Palette [Asphalt & Blackout & Perversion Eyeliner]: (Find @ Amazon).
- Work Asphalt into your crease with your small shadow brush. Take a blending brush to blend it up to your brow highlight and your upper lid. This took me a while to blend properly, I’m not sure if it was me or my brushes. Lol. But, after a while it finally blended seamlessly.
- Line lower lash line with Asphalt. Use your fingertip to smudge it.
- Take Blackout and work that into the crease. This makes the crease look super dark and sexy. I loved it! I think you all will too! I used my blending brush to brush it upwards from the crease to just under my brow highlight.
- Line your waterline with Blackout.
- ***My Variation!!! BareMinerals READY 8.0 The Bare Neutrals Palette [Gilded Bronze]: (Find @ bareMinerals). This was my main variation from the guide. I felt like there was not enough color on the lid so this gold really made it look pretty to me. You can use any color here in this step. Also, the palette I used was super old and I couldn’t find it ANYWHERE. So, I found a color from a different bareMinerals’ palette that’s really similar. That’s what I linked above here instead!
- Urban Decay Smoked Palette [Perversion Eyeliner]: (Find @Amazon)
- Use Perversion to line the upper lash line. I extended it past the outer corner and made a cat eye wing. I also extended it past my inner corner for the cat like eye effect. Make sure to sharpen the pencil. It’s a really smooth and creamy pencil and it’s freaking awesome.
- Now, line the lower lash line with Perversion.
- Line the upper lash waterline.
- Benefit Cosmetics The POREfessional Face Primer: (Find @ Sephora). I used my fingers to apply this as a base to my face.
- Estee Lauder Perfectionist Youth-Infusing Serum makeup SPF 25 [Sandalwood]: (Find @ Sephora). I pumped this foundation onto a beauty blender and worked from the center to the outsides of my face.
- NARS Radiant Creamy Concealer [Hazelnut]: (Find @ Sephora). I applied this with the wand applicator to cover any spots and imperfections. Then I blended it with the beauty blender.
- Smashbox Photo Filter Powder Foundation : (Find @ Sephora). Use a powder brush to sweep this over the face.
- NYX Cosmetics Dark Circle Concealer [Medium]: (Find @ ULTA or drugstores). Use a concealer brush to cover up dark circles. Blend with beauty blender.
- Maybelline Mineral Powder Illuminator [Nude]: (Find @ drugstores). Use a highlight fan brush to dust onto your cheekbones, nose, upper lip and temples, between the brows and above the brows and chin.
- MAKE UP FOR EVER HD Blush [515-Tangerine]: (Find @ Sephora). Use a beauty blender and dip it into this creme blush and pat it onto the apples of your cheeks.
- NYX Matte Finish Setting Spray: (Find @ ULTA). Cover the eyes and spray this over the face.
- SEPHORA COLLECTION Rouge Gel Lip Liner [Rosewood]: (Find @ Sephora). Line and fill in your lips with this pencil. It has a really creamy formula; it spread well.
- L’Oréal Extra-Intense Eyeliner [Brown]: (Find @ drugstores). Fill in your brows with this.
Let me know what you think of this look! I’ll definitely be trying out more smokey looks in the future. I’m obsessed. I like my eyes like I like my turkey…smoked! Hehe.