Hey Geeky Beauts!!!
OMG! OMG! OMG!!! I JUST received these GORGEOUS brushes in the mail today. Sephora is great because they ship super fast, considering they were just ordered online this past Friday. I have been really trying to get better with makeup and I needed better brushes. Not that the ones I have aren’t good, but I’ve found that my current brush set (GoGirl Makeup Brushes) have flimsy-ish bristles. For example, if I’m trying to concentrate in the crease the bristles kind of fan out and this decreases the accuracy of the brush. So, I felt like it was time for an upgrade!
The brushes came individually wrapped in protective plastic and in unicorn printed tissue paper!
Brush Set Stats:
1 pink powder brush
- Use it to apply face powders (ex. powder foundations, setting powders)
1 purple liquid foundation brush
- Use to apply liquid foundations
1 magenta contour brush
- Use it to apply contour to the face as well as highlight
1 green eyeshadow blending brush
- Use it to blend shadows on the lid
1 blue eyeshadow brush
- Use this to apply color to the lids
- **Make sure to get these soon if you want because there is only a small number of them being produced!
Here’s my first impression of these brushes:
- These brushes are stunning to look at. They have sturdy golden handles in the shape of a unicorn horn; each has the detailed spiraling that is unique to unicorn horns. So, I’m very big on aesthetics and I like when products are nice to look at. Alluring creative designs make a product ten times better. Of course I would prefer performance over quality aesthetics are a HUGE plus. This brush set is on point with that!
The bristles are dense and crazy soft
- One thing that I’ve noticed with other brush sets is that while they may be really soft, the bristles are not compact and dense. This relates to the flimsiness issue that I mentioned earlier. But these… *swoon* these pieces of golden and pastel greatness are SOFT AND DENSE. According to my sister the brushes feel like “someone just finished exfoliating their fingertips and decided to touch my face.” ‘Nuff said. 🙂
- I’m really trying to learn more about makeup and makeup application so I really like the fact that each brush is a different color; it’s much easier to remember what each brush is supposed to be used for. I think I’ll learn what makeup brushes are used for much more quickly.
They’re only $39 USD
- These are a phenomenal price since lots of brush sets can be around $100 – $200. I’ve seen single brushes that cost the same amount as this entire brush set. So, this is a really good deal. So def buy it now at Sephora!
Instagram Video Soon!!!!!
I’m doing an Instagram video review of these brushes today and I’ll make an update post when it’s available for you all to watch! Please tune in! It would definitely mean a lot! I will be testing them to see how they pick up pigment as well and I think it would be cool to show them to you in-person!
Let me know what you think of these brushes in the comments!